At the 2023 SA Publication Forum Awards, Machine_ once again outshone the competition, securing an impressive array of awards. Notable victories included Editor of the Year, Excellence in Design and Photography, Excellence in Communication, Best Digital Publication, and Gold for Innovation and Trends.
“This is the first time the SA Publication Forum Awards has recognised an integrated internal corporate communications campaign,” says Paige Dorkin, Machine_’s head of content marketing. “Our integrated campaign for Sanlam’s Human Capital team to launch their new values internally to staff blew the judges away, winning us Gold in Innovation and Trends. It speaks of the powerful, creative work being done in internal communications at Sanlam, and the importance of investing in communication to staff as a business’s key shareholder. It’s refreshing to partner with a client like Sanlam that values and invests heavily in their people.”
Sam Page, Machine_’s content officer, received the prestigious Editor of the Year award, receiving high praise from Inga Bosch-Cloete, senior manager: group internal communications at Sanlam. Bosch-Cloete said, “It’s truly a pleasure to experience Sam’s editorial flair, her ability to collaborate seamlessly and, in doing so, to seek opportunities to innovate.”
- Editor of the Year – Sam Page
- Gold: Innovation and Trends – Sanlam Values Internal Launch: Integrated Corporate Communications Campaign
- Gold: Email Newsletters – Retail Affluent Newsletter with Sanlam Group Internal Communications
- Gold: Interactive Digital Publication – Nutun Ngage digital magazine
- Silver: Email Newsletters – Retail Mass Newsletter with Sanlam Group Internal Communications
- Silver: Interactive Digital Publication – Sanlam Connect digital magazine
- Excellence in Writing – Nutun Ngage digital magazine
- Excellence in Communication – Engage magazine by SanlamConnect
- Excellence in Design and Photography – Nutun Ngage digital magazine
- Excellence in Design and Photography – Sanlam Connect digital magazine
- Excellence in Design and Photography – Sanlam Connect/Retail Affluent email newsletter
- Special Mention: Best Cover – Nutun Ngage digital magazine
The recognition extended to Excellence in Communication, Design and Photography, and Gold for Email Newsletters across Sanlam Group’s internal communication properties. Bosch-Cloete added, “To receive recognition across multiple channels and properties demonstrates the impact and importance of internal communication.”
Machine_ utilised their internal communication expertise to effectively convey the rebranding of TCRs to Nutun to their staff, earning the agency awards across four distinct categories, including Gold for best Interactive Digital Publication. Terri Katz, strategic marketing manager at Nutun, shared, “The brand change from TCRS to Nutun was bold and required a compelling way to communicate this to our staff. By using Ngage, the Machine_ team creatively showcased the shift from the old to the new.” Katz continued, “Machine_’s creative resourcefulness helped Nutun effectively communicate the brand change to our staff. Congratulations to the team and thank you for collaborating with us to advance Nutun in our global communications.”
Get in touch
Like what you see? Want to find out more about Machine_’s award-winning work? Then click here to see what else Machine_ has been up to.
Want to get in touch? You can find Machine_’s contact details here. Additionally, you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Also keep up-to-date with all of Machine_ ‘s news by following on LinkedIn.