We are thrilled to be nominated once again as Agency Of The Year at the New Generation Awards 2022 and to have been named as finalists in so many different, competitive categories.
“We are so excited to showcase the campaigns our teams have been hard at work producing over the past year and thrilled that we have been announced as finalists across so many categories,” says Machine_ Johannesburg MD, Lindsey Rayner.
“It feels particularly special for Machine_ to be a finalist in the ‘Agency of the Year’ category for the second year running,” says Machine_ Cape Town MD, Robyn Campbell. “When Lindsey and I took over the business two-and-a-half years ago, we embarked on a new, refreshed vision for what Machine_ could be. Awards like this are testament to our vision working for the business, working for our teams and our clients. It hasn’t been an easy journey, but, along with the commitment, support and belief of our talent and client partners we’re seeing something unique and special come to life,” she says.
“Submissions have improved and increased year-on-year, with South African corporates, agencies and students producing some truly exceptional work,” said New Generation Awards founder, Stephen Paxton.
Machine_ has been announced as a finalist in the following 16 categories, of which two have two finalist slots by Machine_
- Medium to Large Agency of the Year Award
- Best Social Media Reach from an Event. Client: Heineken for “Heineken All-Invitational”
- Best Low Budget campaign. Client: UCOOK for “Xhosa-fying Halloween”
- Blogging Excellence. Client: Sanlam for “Sanlam Reality-Wealth Sense”
- Blogging Excellence for an Agency. Client: Sanlam for “Sanlam Reality-Wealth Sense”
- Most Innovative Use of Social and Digital Media. Client: Heineken for “Heineken All-Invitational”
- Excellence in Content Marketing. Client: Transaction Capital Risk Services for “Employee Connect”
- Most Viral Campaign. Client: Doritos for “Flamin’ Hot Duets”
- Most Viral Campaign by an Agency. Client: Doritos for “Flamin’ Hot Duets”
- Best Use of Social Media to Research and Evaluate. Client: UCOOK for “Xhosa-fying Halloween”
- Best Influencer Marketing Campaign. Client: Doritos for “Flamin’ Hot Duets”
AND client: UCOOK for “Xhosa-fying Halloween”
- Best Influencer Marketing Campaign by an Agency. Client: UCOOK for “Xhosa-fying Halloween”
- Best Use of Technology Innovation by an Agency. Client: Transaction Capital Risk Services for “Employee Connect”
- Most Innovative Social and Digital Media by LARGE. Client: Heineken for “Heineken All-Invitational Banter”
- Best Marketing Automation Campaign. Client: “Sanlam for Sanlam Reality”.
- Best Online Magazine / Newspaper. Client: Sanlam for “Sanlam Internal Magazine – Engage”
AND Sanlam for “Sanlam Internal Magazine – Connect”
“It’s great to see our work, brands and clients being recognised as finalists at the New Generation Awards. Social and digital work is a special kind, as the audience can feed back instantaneously and they are not shy to do so! So, when it works, it works,” says Machine_ Cape Town Executive Creative Director, Jabulani Sigege. “What’s really great about our finalists is that they are across a mix of sectors and range from our smallest client to our biggest. This is proof that Machine_ truly does provide creative solutions for all kinds and sizes of brands and problems,” he says.
Winners of the New Generation awards will be announced at the ceremony held on 29 September in Johannesburg.